4/19/2013

My little crush story

[On an insomniac night, between 6am and 7am, I decided to write a poem for my crush of the past (and present?). I even posted it on one of those confessions pages. It has quite a few clues here and there regarding her identity and several other things -- a few friends have deciphered the truth. Don't bother about the clues, though. Just enjoy the poem. :)]

A week into Autumn, the Stork took the First Train to your home.
He flew, precisely, a wonder times a wonder
No. of days more before he dropped me,
My town being 510 miles asunder

In IIT, you're a Friend,
Yet not a friend;
But of many friends,
You're a good friend.

Voldemort himself introduced us, remember?
A recent leap-and-hug day, it was.
He whispered to me, "Isn't she your crush, boy,
Ever since that wretched EE course? Don't lie!"

Our meetings very few,
And chats have been curt.
I'm kind-of afraid to approach
Lest my sharp tongue give you hurt.

Your delicate frame, I hope,
Enshrines an innocent Hindustan ka Dil!
Which I'd like to know and connect to; Alas!
Even as I leave, our disjoint lives play ill.

Often, in front of the Sun, I sip
The the grape-like chemical when I'm beat.
As my eyes use heuristics
To discover your seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment